This weekend our horrible washing machine finally died. It was a long and arduous saga that included a junkyard that looked like the set of "Sanford & Son". Seriously- I was waiting for harmonicas to kick up.
Assuming that we would have a crew of soldiers helping us to move the old washer out, I made an easy crock pot meal that feeds a group of 4 or more. Tweak the ingredients if you have a larger group to feed. I also add a packet of dry ranch to give it an extra flavor.
- 4 to 6 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup converted rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 cups frozen green beans, thawed (broccoli works well too)
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
Put chicken breasts in the Crock Pot. Add cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup water. Add 3/4 cup of rice and the chicken broth. Add green beans. Add ranch packet. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked and rice is tender. Serves about 4.
The crock pot...inside you will find riches untold...